28 May / 2009
By the term “Website Development” we mean the entire procedure involved in development of a website. For effectively developing a website, one needs to have proper designing and programming skill.
Some of the useful tips that a novice web developer should follow are mentioned below:
- Purpose should be Clear– Before starting work, be sure about the purpose. This is because; if your focus is clear you can be able to represent the business organization successfully.
- Understand the Requirements of the Target Audience– If you are writing for kids, you have to make your content interesting. On the other hand, if your target audience is adult your writing approach should be different. The website design should also vary on the basis of the varied requirements of your prospective clients.
- Determination of Budget– Before starting the work of web development, one should understand how much money the client will be able to afford. It is always better to do the work according to the budget.
- Time should be Valued– Avoid using large pictures. This is because; the large pictures take much time to get downloaded and waste the precious time of the visitors. In most of the time it is seen that the online visitors prefer to click out of those sites, which take more time for downloading.
- Proper Communication between the Designer and the Client– The designer should understand the view of his/her client. The person working in the project should be professional as well as skilled in website designing and development.
- Decide how you want your Website to look and Function? You may have some style, font and color preferences. You can develop websites keeping all these things in mind. If you are lacking ideas, you can surf net.
- Layout Formation– It is always advisable to assign page names to each chunk of information and if the number of pages is high you may group them into separate sections. This makes the navigation process much easier.
- Give Importance to the Website Copy– Website copy should be created on the basis of the audience’s requirements. The attention spans of online visitors are usually short. So, your content should not be cluttered with unimportant facts. Otherwise, readers will be disgusted and will click out of the site.
- Selecting a Domain Name– By choosing a good domain name, you can give favorable ranking to your website in the search engine result page. So, there is no doubt in the fact that domain name selection is a vital part of web development.
- Marketing a Website– Creating a website is not all. You should also do proper marketing of the site. Otherwise, people will not visit your site and your work will be a complete failure.
These are indeed some of the most important points that a good website development company follows while developing websites.