27 Mar / 2009 208 views
Steps to be Followed for Better Website
In present times, a website is used as an effective promotional tool that makes the online marketing process much easier. It advertises the goods and services of an organization and persuades people to buy those products. Thus a well-designed website not only build a positive image of a company but also contributes in its profit maximization.
Before developing a website, the designer has to consider certain facts. He must keep in mind what are the requirements of the target audience. Moreover, he must know the objectives of the business corporation, for which he is giving design. Some of the tips that can be followed while designing a website are mentioned below:
- Avoid Inserting Chat Rooms in a Site– Most of the visitors do not care about chat room in a website. So, if not required, it is always better to avoid inserting chat rooms in a site. Instead, you may incorporate a forum section. It makes the interaction easier and do not waste much space of a website.
- Less Use of Flash Intros and Banners– In most of the time, flash animations slow down the loading time of a website. So, the designers should avoid using too much flash in a site.
- Keep the Pages Small– It is always better to keep the web pages small. Otherwise, the online visitors will loose interest to go through it. Though it is expected that a site will be informative, in order to do so, too much content should not be included in one page. Moreover, a page with too much images and text also takes more time to get downloaded. So, the pages should be kept small.
- Avoid Using Flashing Text and Auto Scrolling– In most of the time, auto scrolling and flashing text distract the attention of the viewers. So, it is always better to avoid using those things in a website.
- Title Tags may not Made Descriptive– Title tags can be seen in the head section of a HTML document. So, title should be given on the basis of the page content. There is no doubt in the fact that proper title gives good rank in the search engine and thus ensures better traffic.
- Use of Proper Spelling and Grammar– Professional writers should be appointed for web page writing. Otherwise, novice writers may make mistakes, which is really unprofessional.
- Content should be Informative– The content of a web page should be full of useful informative. Otherwise, people’s reaction could not be retained.
- Proper Selection of Images– Images and pictures should go with the content. Irrelevant and unnecessary images should not be inserted in a site. It only makes the site look clumsy and also make the downloading process more complex.
- Make Website Work in all the Browsers– By using proper code, one can make his website work in different browsers. W3C validation service can also be used in order to find out mistakes in the code.
- Avoid Using Stat Counters– Stat counters usually make the site look amateurish. So avoid using stat counters. However, server statistics, like, Google analytics can be used.
Web Design Company
In today’s world, there are several companies that offer quality website design services to their clients. Among them,Webguru Infosystems is a prominent name. The web designers of our company are highly efficient people, who put all their effort to create unique websites for the customers. The service rates of our organization are also reasonable. So, anyone can avail our wide range of quality web services for their personal or business purpose.