11 Jun / 2009 659 views
Striking Features of MySQL Database Programming
In present times, most of the web developers prefer to use MySQL database system for its flexibility. This system enables a person to speed up constrain queries and input. In the true sense, MySQL programming database helps an organization to acquire its prerequisite business goals. Some of the main features of this PHP programming language are mentioned below:
- Licensing– MySQL is an open-source system that works under the General Public License (GNU). It is said that one of the key reasons behind the popularity of this programming language is that the web developers can use it free of cost. However, if you want to sell this software as a proprietary product, you need to buy a commercial license.
- Open-Source Nature– MySQL is an open storage database engine, which provides a wide variety like, Heap and MyISAM, Berkeley DB and InnoDB. MySQL has the ability to integrate with various types of programming languages. So, it is quite natural that MySQL will be more beneficial than other web-based technologies.
- Technicalities– Sometimes MySQL lacks full support for the stored process. This is no doubt one of the most remarkable disadvantages of this database system.
- Performance – MySQL is able to perform better on Linux and UNIX like systems. It is seen that most of the Internet powerhouses use MySQL as their back-end database for its stable nature.
- Security– MySQL database usually operates over IP ports and thus it attracts the intruders’ wealth. But there is nothing to worry. MySQL also permits one to change the ports, when default becomes prone.
- Recovery– though this database programming has several advantages, one of the main areas in which the MySQL server faces problem is the recovery process. In most of the time it is seen that when a system shuts down without prior indication, people using MySQL server may loose all their documents. So, people using this server should remain alert while working.
These are indeed some of the most important features of MySQL Database Programming.