06 Apr / 2009 210 views
Useful Tips for Website Design
Web design is all about organizing and arranging a site. In order to enhance the visual appeal of the web pages, website designing is being done. Since websites are the main sources of information and are also used for commercial transactions, they should be designed with proper care and expertise.
Points to be Considered for Website Design
Some of the points that should be considered while designing the websites are mentioned below:
- Before beginning the task, a proper outline should be created.
- The graphic should go with the text and should be able to communicate the messages that the organization is trying to convey to its target audience.
- The background color should be eye-soothing. It is always better to avoid dark colors in a site. The colored text should also contrast with the background. Otherwise, people will find it difficult to understand it.
- All the text should not be centered on a page. This is because, in most of the time, this style can create hindrance in the process of easy readability.
- Now-a-days people do not get time to go through long texts, so try to keep your copy short.
- Always keep the width of text to around 5 inches. This is because, wide columns of text are easy to read.
- One can use movies and audio files, but the online visitors should be given the choice to use or not to use them.
- Avoid using blue as regular text color. This is because, in most of the time blue color is exclusively used for denoting links.
- In order to give emphasis, text should not be underlined.
- Before publishing, the entire content should be properly checked.
- In order to provide the viewers with more information, pdf file can be created.
- The contact information (e-mail, phone, address) should always be incorporated in a website.
- Always insert relevant links to your site. This will definitely help the website to rank good in the search engine result page (SERP).
- Email address of the webmaster should be inserted in the website, so that the visitors can report the missing links and site-related problems.
- The website should be designed in such a way so that people can easily access it, regardless of the various browsers they are using.
- Make sure whether you are trying to reach international clients or not. If it is so, then use the graphics that could be translated as well as understood internationally.
- While doing the website design project, you can go through other effective sites. This will surely give you ideas regarding good design.
These are indeed some of the most useful tips, that could be followed for properly designing a website.