In every sphere of life, we differentiate elements broadly under two categories as ‘ordinary’ and ‘extraordinary’ in accordance to their value and quality. If you want to have your website stand tall amidst the crowd and make your presence felt far and wide, it’s important that you make your design ‘DIFFERENT’. But to think up of newer and innovative ideas that are ‘out of the box’ is definitely a challenging task that every professional website designer has to face.
While innovation and quality makes the foremost needs in website designing, there’s another thing, i.e. details, which needs to be dealt with equal importance to make a ordinary website look ‘extraordinary’. Take a pause and think for yourself: Why some companies get tagged as ‘brand’ when there are lots of textile companies that make similar clothes. Why opt for an expensive luxury car, when majority of cars offer similar features? This is where excellence and detailing help carve the curve of difference between ordinary and extraordinary. An eye for detail not only helps add to the value of a product but also makes an effective difference that is capable of reaping profitable rewards.
In web industry also, the principle of ‘detail’ holds true as it helps improve the value of a website design. In this blog, we have discussed about some details in website designing that need to be considered with more importance to enjoy a more successful impact.
1. Add Value to your Design: To help your design make a satisfying impact on its viewers, it is important that you stay updated and in sync with the changing trends of designing. Put in your best efforts and improve your skills to a more professional level so that it works beyond the boundaries of artistry. Invest time in perception and usability details that help add value to a website.
2. Take a Close Look: When designing, always maintain a close monitored look to ensure an error free detailing. Zoom in on your design and dig in the background to check out for subtle detail mistakes that can affect the designing as a whole.
3. Navigation: Not just in designing, proper detailing needs to be maintained in site navigation too. It not only adds to the readability and accessibility of the site but also improves the related site actions.
4. Pixel Difference: As a professional, you need to maintain an eye on the pixel detail to ensure a better visual layout that catches a viewer’s fancy instantly. Make use of single pixel lines to create a distinctive visual output that is contrasting and easily noticeable.
5. Shadow Game: When designing a website, it’s a common practice among professionals to apply ‘drop shadow’ to its logo or header that helps to highlight and improve its essence better. To make the design exciting, interesting and powerful enough to grab viewer’s attention, designers mostly use subtle shadow effects to make the design more catchy and appealing.