21 May / 2009 213 views
Corporate Brochure Design – Important Points to be Considered
Brochure is a pamphlet that is designed to introduce a commercial enterprise to its prospective customers. There is no doubt in the fact that a brochure is an information-providing tool that is used to enhance the popularity of a firm’s products and services. So, brochure should be designed with excessive care.
Some of the most important points that need to be remembered for designing a corporate brochure design are mentioned below:
- The cover of the brochure should have 2 parts. In one part a catchy phrase should be incorporated, whereas, in the other part, list the product benefits. Usually, on the cover page product information is mentioned, whereas, inside it, the product features as well as benefits are mentioned.
- Then decide how much panels you will insert in your brochure. This decision should be taken on the basis of several factors- like
- How much information you will incorporate in the brochure?
- How the brochure will be used?
- The brochure format
- If your brochure is going to be a direct mail piece then what will be the mailing costs?
- Is there is any requirement for Business Reply Card?
- How much money could be spent for the brochure?
After considering all these factors, the designers should also discuss all these matters with their clients, so that they can proceed further. Some other points that needs to be taken care of include the following:
- Decide on which panel information should be placed.
- Then make yourself clear about the message that your client is intending to send through this brochure.
- While designing give stress to the alignment, focal point, contrast, color, scale, balance and font size.
However, there are also things that need to be avoided for creating an effective brochure design. These are as follows:
- Avoid using Helvetica and Arial, which are considered to be over-used typefaces.
- Try to keep the point size below 12.
- Avoid using more than 3 typefaces in a brochure.
- Try to use only one alignment in a brochure.
These are indeed some of the main points that should be considered while designing an effective brochure.