03 Apr / 2009 8,108 views
Different Types of Web Design Layouts
In this age of advanced technology, a website is considered to be one of the most effective tools for promotion and advertisement. So, while developing a website, its design and layout should be given emphasis. It is always advisable to use unique design in a website otherwise, the site will loose its originality and people will also loose their interest to go through it.
Though in recent times, different types of website design layouts remain available, among them, the most used web page layouts include the following:
- Symmetrical Layout– In this type of a layout, different elements are centered or aligned to a particular side of a website. Thus the symmetry is formed out of the website. It is always advisable, if the left hand corner of the page comprises heavy design element, it should also be properly balanced with relevant design on the right hand side. However, it should always be kept in mind that the elements inserted on both the sides should not be literally same.This balanced or formal web layout design symmetry can also be achieved when the design is centered and uniformly divided in vertical or horizontal manner.
- Isolative Layout– In this type of a layout, symbol, logo, pictures, product image are placed depending on the space usage and visibility factor.
- Radiative Layout– In this type of a layout, logo, symbol, image are highlighted by using flash and attractive light. Pop-up buttons can also be inserted for grabbing the visitors’ attention.
- Dominative Layout– In this type of a website layout, symbols, logos and product images are incorporated in enlarged size. This is because, these symbols are considered to be the main factors in the site.
- Asymmetrical Layout– In this type of a layout, the site elements are placed in an uneven manner. This is also known as dynamic layout that can create tension through its unbalanced movement.
- Repetition Layout– In this layout, a particular element is repeated more then once. This is done in order to give emphasis on that specific element.
These are some of the most applied website layouts that are used in the web pages.