31 Mar / 2009 744 views
Important Steps for a Website Design
Website designing requires a lot of efficiency, creativity, professionalism and of course, aesthetic sense. However, there are certain basic steps, following which, the designers can develop an effective website. These steps are as follows:
- Deciding on Website Theme– First, the theme of the site should be selected. This theme should essentially go with your personal and business goals and should highlight the goods and services you are intended to sell.
- Choosing a Domain Name– You can visit any of the web hosts in order to find out the availability of domain names. This domain name is basically the web address that people type before visiting your site. This address usually ends with .net, .com, .org, or other suffixes. The domain name should not be long. It should also be easy to spell and pronounce. This domain name should also tally with the website theme. Other than this, this name should be kept simple. Otherwise, people will fail to remember it.
- Select Web Hosting– By the term “web hosting” we mean the “web space” that is bought for making the website appear on the World Wide Web. Always try to choose those websites, which are affordable and provides quality client service. It should also provide the features which are required for your website. Though, for personal websites, web hosting services are available free of cost, it is better to avoid those services while making a business website.
- Website Design– An efficient web designer should be recruited to design your site. Otherwise, you can also pursue a course on HTML and PHP programming and can do this design work at your own.
- Make Your Website Noticeable– After developing a website, the next step is to promote it. By search engine optimization, free search engine submission, paid search engines, off-line and e-zine advertising you can promote your website. Other than this, you can also include the address of your website in your newspaper ads, business cards, envelopes and letterhead.
- Make Your Website Informative– Always add relevant content to your site. The more your site is informative, the more the search engine will give you good rank. So, always write the web content properly and optimize it to give it a good ranking in the search engine result page.
Thus, by following those steps, the designer can develop an effective website design for his/her client.