Corporate identity is basically the persona of a business enterprise. In order to give corporate identity to a commercial organization, graphic elements are used. The visual elements like, posters, fonts, letterheads and logo are indeed important parts of a corporate identity.
In the true sense, corporate identity allows a consistent visual presence for an organization and has the ability to reinforce a brand’s image. This is probably the reason why most of the well-known companies give so much stress on their visual identity.
With the course of time a company may change their business focus. In this case, the corporate identity of that company needs to be updated. This is because an identity of a corporation should highlight its business objectives.
Corporate identity logo design requires creativity as well as careful handling. While designing a corporate identity, one needs to understand the following things:
- Size of the business enterprise
- Perception of the stakeholders
- Internal assumptions
- Existing customer base
- Commercial offerings
- Target market
On the other hand, some of the activities that could be undertaken while giving a corporate identity graphic design are listed below:
- Intensive brand research and analysis
- Creation and designing of corporate identities and logos
- Writing identity guidelines
- Giving meaningful tag lines
- Designing of vehicle livery and signage
- Designing and printing of stationary
- Creation of a logical brand strategy
Thus, by following the above-mentioned points, a designer will be able to develop an effective corporate identity design.