13 Apr / 2009 271 views
Useful Tips for Improving Website Design
Website designing is the process of conceptualizing and modeling of web pages. This is basically done for creating a website, which is a collection of web pages residing on a web server. Through an effective web design interactive features and well-organized content are presented to the end user in the form of website pages.
In the true sense, popularity of a site is very much dependent on its web design. So, website designing should be done with proper care and delicacy. Some of the tips that can help to improve the design of a website are mentioned below:
- Proper Use of Typography– Make sure that the typeface style you have chosen for your content is suitable to the site. The lines should be spaced out according to the sentence structure and text. Added to this, the font size and style should be checked properly.
- Avoid Using Large Images– In order to avoid loading problem; reduce the usage of large images. Always keep this in mind that no one likes to go through those sites, that takes longer time to get downloaded. So, the images should be incorporated keeping in mind the loading time.
- Use of Updated Content– Content of your site should be updated on regular basis. Search engines love fresh content. So if you want your site to rank good in the search engine result pages, you should keep on updating your site content.
- Uses of Simple Words– While writing content for your site does not use complicated words. It is always better to write short sentences and the content should be broken up in short paragraphs. This is basically done so that people can easily understand what message you are trying to deliver.
- Site should be Easily Navigable– Always try to have a clear navigation area. Links should be properly checked in order to ensure that they are directing the readers to the right page. Otherwise, the online visitors may click off the site.
- Checking of the Website– Finally when everything is done, you must check out your entire site from the online visitor’s point of view. Pay attention to the loading time; check whether the links are working properly or not. Check the spelling and grammar of the content along with the layout.
These above mentioned tips will no doubt help in improving the design of a website. So, follow these points and develop an effective website for yourself.