22 May / 2009
Points to be Considered While Designing a Logo
Logo has a great promotional value and it can give identity to a faceless entity. A well-designed logo visually represents a business corporation and conveys persuasive messages to the prospective customers. Since a good logo is a brand identifier, it can be effectively used for marketing purposes.
In the true sense, developing a logo design is an art form. This job requires creativity and perfection. Some of the basic rules that can help a designer to develop a good custom logo design are as follows:
- Logo should be Distinctive– a logo should be designed in such a way so that the audience can easily understand to which company it belongs. This essentially means that each of the logos should be a unique one.
- Logo should be Simple– In order to make a logo look different from other corporate logos; it should not be over designed. Complicated logo can only create confusion in the minds of the audience.
- Appropriate Graphic of the Logo– Graphic of the logo should go well with the business it is representing. Otherwise, it will give misleading impression, which may have a negative impact on the growth of a business enterprise.
- Selecting Color and Layout of Logo– These elements should be selected in such a way so that the logo can tell the audience which type of business the organization is dealing with.
- Logo in Black and White– While designing a logo, black and white color can be used. This is because; in different backdrops, back and white-colored logo looks prominent.
These are some of the basic points that the designers of a good logo design company consider while designing a logo.