07 Apr / 2009 238 views
Redesigning a Website – Few tips on Website Redesign
By the term “website redesign” we mean upgrading the overall look and feel of a website. You may have your personal or business website, but with the course of time, it needs to be modified to cope up with the changing requirements of the online visitors.
In most of the time, it is observed that the newly designed website gets more attention from the online visitors than the old one. Thus the updated sites can draw the maximum number of traffic and thus can contribute in the profit maximization.
It is seen that an older site does not rank good in the search engine result page. This is because the search engines have the tendency to consider old sites as dead or dormant.
Points to be considered While Upgrading the Existing Website Design
Some of the points that should be given stress while redesigning a website are mentioned below:
- All Flash Websites Need to be Redesigned– Though nowadays search engines have started reading flash, it is always better to avoid excessive use of flash in a site. This is because the search engines find it difficult to go through the content of a flash website.
- Framed Sites Need to be Redesigned– In most of the time; search engines find it difficult to index the framed web pages. Some of the browsers do not support frames. Basically, content of the framed website seems to be unreadable to the potential customers.
- Websites having Splash Pages Need to be Redesigned– Splash pages may look visually appealing. However, they are not desirable from the SEO point of view. Splash pages usually do not have content and links. These pages are fully packed with flash animations and other software that are inaccessible to the search engines.
- Slow Loading Websites Need to be Redesigned– Visitors as well as search engine crawlers do not favor sites that take much time to get downloaded. Online visitors loose patience to go through slow loading sites and the search engines give them unpleasant ranking in the SERP (search engine result page).
- Websites Containing Out of Dated Content Need to be Redesigned– Content of a website needs to be updated on regular basis. The visitors do not like to read information that has already become stale. All the time they want to know new things about your company. So always keep on updating your content to cater to the needs of the visitors.
If your site contains these above-mentioned search-engine related problems you should bring a change in your web design.