Home Blog Website Design Services Top 10 Tips to Create a Mobile-Friendly Website
Top 10 Tips to Create a Mobile-Friendly Website
As of June 2022, the number of smartphone users across the world clocks in at around 6.65 billion meaning roughly 83.7% of the world’s population. By the year 2025, this number is expected to grow up to 7.7 billion. Going by these predictive statistics, we can assume a simple fact that smart mobile devices are not going anywhere in the coming years. This is why development of mobile-friendly websites is high on priority.
Tips on Creating Responsive Mobile-Friendly Websites
Since more and more people are using smartphones to browse the internet, website design services too must remember to make their websites mobile-friendly. Here are 10 simple tips on creating one:
- Be Responsive: Choosing a responsive framework is the need of the hour and Bootstrap is a popular option for the website developers. No matter how the users are approaching your website (via desktop, smartphone or tablet), a responsive technique will let them have a similar experience. It has SEO benefits too, since you won’t need a separate mobile URL.
- Think with your Index Finger or Thumb: The site should be completely navigable using the index finger or the thumb. Users should be able to browse your site with their ‘phone hand’ only. In addition, the font size should be optimized so that the users need not pinch it to zoom in.
- Keep a Simple Design: The short attention span of net users is notoriously famous and uninterrupted attention span is just 1.0 second. Thus, it is better to keep a clean and simple design and web content, which can instantaneously convey the core message.
- Keep a Short and Attractive Web Content: The most important thing is to present your story using minimum words and in an interesting manner. Make sure you add only the most essential copies to keep your users engaged till the last sentence.
- Focus on the Icon Design: Keep your site uncluttered and instead of using words, use conventional mobile icons to convey the instruction messages like ‘to make a call’ or ‘connect socially’.
- Easy Access to your Contact Info: Objective of a mobile website should be clearly portrayed at your site. For example, when you are running your business from multiple locations, your priority should be to provide the users with the addresses of your multiple stores; its opening and closing hours; booking or contact numbers and nearest location of the business.
- Wise Addition of Videos: It is a good practice to add videos to mobile websites. This is because the mobile device users are 3 times more likely to watch video clips in general. The video player must support HTML5 version so that the clips would run on most of the devices.
- Mobile Friendly Form Designs: Best practices of HTML and CSS will help you to make your contact form mobile friendly. CSS styling allows for sufficient wiggle room around the form input fields and helps design button elements which are finger friendly for smartphone users. The different attributes of HTML5 aids in mobile user experience. For example, the placeholder attribute guides the user as to the kind of data that must be filled in the form. HTML5 comes with autocorrect and auto-capitalize features that help to capitalize the data in the form entry field. Additionally, HTML5 form features are supported by different browsers used in Android phones and iOS Safari. Using these simple HTML and CSS codes can help to design mobile friendly forms for websites optimized for the mobile experience.
Building a mobile-friendly website is a must for any business. Similarly, it is a skill that every website design service around the world must have today. With the aforementioned tips, you too can create a great, responsive, and mobile friendly website.