16 Apr / 2009 116 views
Web Designing and Search Engine Optimizing Principle
Proper website design makes a site look visually appealing, whereas, proper search engine optimization helps a site to rank good in the search engine result page (SERP). Some of the tips which can help a designer to make an attractive as well as SEO Friendly website are as follows:
- While designing a corporate website, the designers should choose a professional color scheme that could very well represent the image of the commercial enterprise. It is always better to avoid using more than 3 complementary colors in a business website.
- Graphic elements should also be properly inserted in a website. It helps to make a site appealing and so it is expected that more and more visitors will come to your website. However, use of animated objects should be avoided as much as possible. This is because flash animations slow down the downloading time of a page.
- The writer can always use bullets. This is because numbering and bullets make a site lucid and the readers feel interested to go through it.
- If the background of your website is dark, it is always advisable to use light colors for writing a text.
- A website should not be fully packed with graphics and text. Instead, leave a space, so that the elements can breathe properly.
- In the header, catchy tagline should be inserted, whereas, in the “About Us” section, mention the details of your organization and highlight the unique features of your company. The logo should also be simple enough, so that it can clearly represent your business corporation.
- All the web pages of the site should be properly interlinked. Site navigability should be maintained properly.
- Always make sure that your web pages loads faster. Otherwise people will loose patience and click out of the site.
After designing the website, the next thing that should be done is search engine optimization.
How to Optimize a Website?
Some of the strategies following which the web pages can be optimized are mentioned below:
- Meta tags play a very important role in web page optimization. So, these tags should be properly placed.
- In Meta title, Meta description and body content, targeted keywords should be inserted properly.
- Should have proper alt tags with images.
These are some of the most useful tips for optimizing a site. Following these web site designing and search engine optimization principles, one can make his/her site an attractive and a popular one.