While you may use Facebook as a social media platform to connect and interact with your family, friends or colleagues, post pictures and comments or browse through sundry details, you may be surprised to know that it has emerged as a viable advertising platform for businesses, including eCommerce. This is more relevant for startups that look to expand their business but do not have the required spending power to generate leads in a short span of time. Since going the organic way to generate leads can be a time consuming (and relatively costly) affair, startups look for marketing solutions that offer better results. So, to garner genuine leads in a short period of time the popularity of Facebook can be leveraged by using social media marketing services.
With Facebook boasting of 2.38 billion monthly users (Source: statista.com), it offers eCommerce companies tremendous opportunities to market their brand, product or services by placing Ads. Let us find out how Facebook Ads can drive the pulse of your eCommerce store.
1. Create and manage a product shop catalogue: Facebook allows you to create a virtual product shop catalogue featuring your brand, products or services. The virtual catalogue can mimic your website and help you reach out to your target customers effectively. You can host your product inventory on Facebook by using eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, Magento, Google, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce among others. The product catalogue can even be marketed by running dynamic ad campaigns leading your eCommerce store to attain success.
2. A variety of targeting options: Since the bulk of your prospective customers are likely to be on Facebook, you can create attractive ads to increase the visibility of your brand, products and/or services. Facebook Ads provide you with multiple target options based on parameters like preferences and demography of your prospective customers. You can also navigate the categories of preferences to reach out to your customers effectively. For example, you can choose preferences based on multiple categories like entertainment, relationships, dieting and home improvement. The selective targeting of Facebook Ads can ensure you hit the bull’s eye without beating around the bush when it comes to maximizing your customer reach.
3. Stay ahead of your rivals: This might come as a surprise to many, but yes, there are a substantial number of eBusiness entities that are yet to leverage the potential of Facebook Ads. Without a doubt, this channel of advertisement can give you an edge over your rivals in the intensely competitive eCommerce industry. By using Facebook Ads you can reach out to a large number of users that your slow-paced competitors are missing out. However, to go about this in an effective manner, you can hire the services of a trusted social media marketing agency to launch interesting and engaging campaigns.
4. Availability of various bids: Facebook acts as a medium of advertisement that allows you to promote your eCommerce store according to your preferences and at cost-effective rates. Its cost effectiveness can gauged from the fact that an average Cost Per Click can vary around $ 1.86 each day (Source: fitsmallbusiness.com) to reach a large number of Facebook users. However, the average cost may vary across business verticals based on factors like the type of competition and quality of ads. Facebook Ads enable you to choose any bid type from four bidding options – Cost Per Mile, Optimized Cost Per Mile, Cost Per Click and Cost Per Action. You, therefore, have full liberty to choose the type of campaign as per your preference and convenience.
5. Effective customer management: Having a page or group for your eCommerce store on Facebook can help you to capitalize on its vast user base. The same can facilitate better interaction with your customers such as responding quickly to their queries, addressing their grievances and keeping them updated with your company’s latest offerings. This way, an effective customer management can generate loyalty among your target customers.
Today, reaching out to your target customers effectively by way of eCommerce website development can help you achieve ROI for your business. However, you need to market your website through channels that are effective from the perspective of cost and reach. And Facebook Ads are arguably the best and cost effective way to generate leads for your business. Should you find it a tad difficult or not a part of your core business activity, you can always engage a top digital marketing agency to do it for you and yield positive results.